School’s Direct PGCE Programme with Camden Primary Partnership
We are proud to support the Schools’ Direct PGCE programme with Camden Primary Partnership, of which we are a strategic Partnership School. The PGCE Camden Primary Partnership (PP) was established in 2013 and works to ensure that trainee teachers get the best possible support and training within Camden Schools.
The PGCE Programme is led by Eleanor Palmer Primary school and other strategic partnership schools; Brecknock Primary School; Christopher Hatton Primary School, Fleet Primary School, Torriano Primary School, Kentish Town CE School, Gospel Oak Primary School, Netley Primary School, Holy Trinity CE School NW1, Thomas Coram Early Years Centre, Rosary, West Hampstead and Primrose Hill. We are thrilled to work alongside these fantastic Camden schools.
Teaching Schools are part of the Government’s drive to give schools more freedom and take increasing responsibility for managing the schools system – enabling schools to work together in partnerships and through networks to identify and co-ordinate expertise and use the best teachers and leaders to:
- Play a greater role in the recruitment and training of new entrants to the profession
- Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development
- Identify and develop leadership potential Provide support for other schools
- Designate and broker individuals to become Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) to support other schools
- Engage in research and development