Careers at Rhyl
We believe that Rhyl is an inspirational place to work and forge a career, whether as Teaching, Support or Administration staff. We have strong links with our community and continually work to maintain and improve our high standards.
Here are a few comments from staff and parents at the school:
“I think your office staff are always so helpful and friendly which is so nice! I am so pleased I applied to Rhyl, it’s a fantastic school.” – Parent comment
“Coffee mornings and other workshops for parents to attend and participate in also help parents to keep up to date with the school.” – Parent comment
“The Head Teacher and the senior leadership team have a clear vision and direction for the school. All of the staff are aware of the expectations. As a result we have very high morale which makes Rhyl a very pleasant and happy school to work in.” – Staff comment
“We create exceptional learning opportunities for our children through a creative curriculum.” – Staff comment
Working at Rhyl
- A friendly and supportive team which champions children’s well-being
- A very well resourced and attractive environment with fantastic and well behaved children
- A strong ethos of high expectations and challenge for all learners
- A varied and enriched creative curriculum with particular emphasis on outdoor learning, music and the arts
- Excellent professional development and career enhancement opportunities
- Skilled teaching assistant support in each class
- Excellent induction and a support programme for all teachers new to the school
- Excellent transport links
Our staff say:
“Rhyl Primary is a very diverse school. You get to work with a range of children from different walks of life. It’s great as it makes teaching more fun and enjoyable”
“Rhyl Primary is different from other schools I have worked at as its main focus is the children as a whole and ensuring we promote their love for learning. This is great as it gives us the freedom to be as creative as we want to be”
“Working at Rhyl is great. It’s a place that facilitates people’s gifts and talents. If you want to set up a project or run a club then as long as you’re willing to put in the time you will be followed by an army of supporters “
“It’s a school I found it really easy to settle into, as all of the staff here are very friendly and extremely supportive”
“Rhyl is honestly like no other school”
Vacancy for Class Teacher KS1 or KS2
To start: September 2023
MPS/UPS Inner London (Not suitable for ECTs)
TLR available for a suitably qualified candidate
Rhyl Community Primary School is a forward thinking, highly inclusive and very successful community school with an exciting future ahead. We are a school where staff and children thrive and are valued within a safe and highly stimulating school environment. Our children are truly exceptional and keen to learn. We have a creative and highly engaging curriculum with many awards for excellence in the arts, music, outdoor learning, sport and an exemplary school teaching garden.
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed teacher to join our team. You will have a passion for teaching and the drive and energy to make a difference to children’s lives.
We are asking for someone who:
- Is an excellent ambitious classroom practitioner who has good knowledge and understanding of how children learn
- Values partnerships with parents and the wider community
- Is committed to obtaining high standards of achievement and behaviour
- Has vision, energy and enthusiasm for making learning exciting
- If this sounds like the job for you then please contact us to find out more
A full recruitment pack can be downloaded below. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. For further information, an application pack and to arrange a visit please telephone the Grafton Road office on 020 7485 1947.
Closing Date: 12pm on Monday 19 June
Interviews: Wednesday 21 June 2023
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by telephone. No agencies please.
Rhyl Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.